Our Commitments as Collaborative Practitioners
The Canberra Collaborative Family Lawyers Practice Group aims to bring together Canberra’s leading family law firms to assist families to keep away from Court.
We are committed to:
- The core essence of Collaboration. That is the belief that it is in the best interests of parties and their families in family law matters to commit themselves to a process whereby they resolve their differences with minimal conflict and no litigation and that Collaboration is preferable in most cases.
- Signing the Collaborative Contract binding the lawyers and their clients in the Collaboration to stay out of court.
- Promoting Collaboration objectively and accurately.
- The concept that trust, honesty and openness between members of the Group are a fundamental component of Canberra Collaborative Family Lawyers Practice Group.
- Assisting with the governance of the Canberra Collaborative Family Lawyers group either by serving a term in a leadership role and/or assisting to organise training for the group and/or facilitating other members meeting membership criterion (for example, by having them sit in on collaborative matters).
Membership and active involvement in the practice group is an essential tool in building trusting relationships between the lawyers across different firms so that the focus is on reaching agreement.